Tuesday, January 3, 2017

2017 Tabata Chalenge Day 2 1/3/2017

WHY TABATA'S?
Why Tabata style routines? Is there really any argument for such a short workout? While traditional routines and even the Master Blaster himself, Joe Weider, all say that 30 to 60 minutes of aerobics three times per week is the way to go. Right?

Historically, that all is true. Recent studies tell us that things need to be reconsidered. A growing body of research is showing that weekly or even periodic high intensity training, such as Tabata drills, shows benefits. A study from 2011 done by Little et al showed that 30 to 75 minutes of this type of exercise per week improved glucose control and markers in patients with type II diabetes.

Evidence has been mounting to show how effective HIIT is when it comes to lowering overall body fat percentages, increasing resting metabolism, improving heart health, and several more benefits. Many of which will be touched on this month.

TODAY'S WORKOUT 1/3/2017
No videos for this today, my cameraman is at school. The workouts are getting easier ... no, that is not quite the right word.I am getting more out of each repetition. Honestly, I hope that you are, too.

My schedule for this challenge is Monday through Friday with the weekends for recovery. My cardio on Friday is scheduled to be 30 minutes of jumping rope. I know that will be an entirely new level of ... discomfort. And, yes, I realize that, this week, I did my first set on Saturday and got the videos uploaded on Monday (1/3/17) ... I am changing how I do these challenges from prior ones.

In the past I did them on my own and in isolation from my readers. Now, I am going to do them publicly, if you will, and with you. Like the man said, I'm pulling for. We're all in this together.

For today, the drills done at the No-Budget-No-Frills-No-Excuses Gym feel great!

Flexibility is important, remember to stretch!

No comments:

Post a Comment