Saturday, September 7, 2013

Walking

It occurs to me that, as I am a bit psycho when it comes to exercising. I kick box, grapple, do military style calisthenics, I am planning out a training cycle to bike from Boston to D.C. next July. Yes, I kind of go through the wall and there is no need for me to take you, my readers, through the wall, too. So, as I was out walking, I figured we should take a brief look at walking.

There are so many articles out there covering the benefits of walking. Lowering blood pressure, lowering cholesterol, relieving stress. You know, I didn't see very many articles that talk about finding things in nature with your children.

I take my kids on walks. They run and play. They discover the world around them. One afternoon, my oldest daughter found a praying mantis. My boys love looking for bird feathers and learning to whistle bird calls.

All this fun without computers, and without knowing they are getting fit in the process.

Take your family out to the national parks and forests. Share the thrill of exploring and getting healthier together.

No comments:

Post a Comment