Thursday, September 29, 2011

Find a Way or Make a Way

I will find a way, or I will make a way -- Hannibal

Good afternoon! I wanted to start this blog as I am very into my Family (married now almost 20 years, thank you!), staying fit, and having fun. I hope that plenty of people can find something useful and/or motivating here ... or get a chuckle out of the sometimes-far-too-frequent outbursts of oddity, inanity, and/or plain silliness.

Family - Married to my wife now for almost 20 years, we have 4 kids, 2 cats, 2 dogs, a gecko, 2 guinea pigs, and a rabbit ... lots of critteers, I know ... oh, well ... gotta keep things interesting, right?

Fun - I enjoy swimming, some jogging, bicycling, motorcycles, and the unique and varied group of people my wife an I have found are our real friends.

Fitness - Staying healthy is very important to me. I have smoked far too much in the past, but I enjoy smoking. Still, without tobacco for two years, as of this posting ... What I do to stay fit, aside from chasing the kids, cats, and critters is training for MMA, mixed martial arts if you are not familiar with it. I currently train with The Dragons in PArkville, MD and am getting ready for an amateur fight in July 2012.

This fight brings me to the purpose of this blog. I want to brag about my family. I want to also brag (alot!) about my over 40 and being in near-fighting-shape. I workout three days a week in the gym for conditioning and go to grapping & kickboxing with The Dragons as often as I can. I am in a conditioning phase now which looks like

5 minutes jumping rope
1 minute rest
5 minutes of body builders (squat thrust, pushup, jump, pull up)
1 minute rest
4 minutes body plank
1 minute rest
5 minutes jumping jacks

I will be doing this for the next two weeks, to round off three weeks of conditioning. Then, I will be spending three weeks working on only technique. So, for the next 8 months I will be cycling conditioning and technique phases at three week intervals. Three weeks seems to be the best fit for my semi short attention span.

No comments:

Post a Comment